Merck & Company
K-22 Data Center
CCG assisted Merck with their most recent data center facility in Kenilworth, New Jersey.
A planned relocation of their exiting headquarters facility generated the need for a new data center facility to back up an existing facility in Charlotte, North Carolina. After evaluation of several potential locations, Merck determined that the adaptive re-use of an existing office/warehouse located on its Kenilworth, New Jersey research and manufacturing campus presented the most advantageous solution.
As part of a Deign/Build team, CCG served as the prime contractor for related MEP Engineering services.
CCG, as data center consultant, provided the following technology consulting and engineering services:
- Facility design criteria development for D/B procurement support
- Site development "test-fits"
- Concept design, cost and schedule projections
- CFD modeling for computer room thermal performance
- Schematic architectural design
- Construction documents and construction administration for mechanical, fire protection and electrical engineering disciplines
- Commissioning support