Confidential Financial Services Client
OCX Data Center
CCG designed this high-reliability and hardened data center, dedicated to computer and communications operations, as part of a larger operations and administrative campus located in Northern Virginia.
The facility received LEED Silver Certification upon completion.
The design includes seven standalone computer-room “pods” totaling 140,000 SF of raised floor technology space designed to 120 W/SF ultimate critical load. Each pod is provided with double-redundant UPS power plants, and redundant back-up power generation.
The central mechanical plant consists of multiple water-cooled chillers and a high capacity, stratified chilled water storage system, all backed by redundant emergency power.
CCG, as the prime consultant, provided the following services:
- Concept Design
- Architectural/Engineering Construction Documents
- Interior Design / Command Center Design
- Construction Administration and Commissioning Support
- Gensler (Architecture and Interior Design)
- Rathgaber-Goss (Structural Engineering)
- Total Building Area: 365,800 SF
- Cooling Plant: 8,960 Tons installed
- Electrical Service: 40 MVA
- Emergency Power: 44 MW
- UPS System: 23 MW @ 2(N+1)
- Holder Construction (General)
- Kirlin (Mechanical)
- Dynalectric (Electrical)