Springfield Computing, Research & Development Center
CCG designed the new Springfield Computing, Research and Development Center as a second site from which LexisNexis serves its customers worldwide.
The facility is dedicated to computer and communications operations as well as technical and IT administrative support offices. It also provides an enterprise workplace recovery capability and was designed for 100% expansion of both the office and data center spaces.
This facility is supported by multiple static UPS systems backed up by a multiple unit diesel engine generator plant. An air-cooled chiller plant with chilled water storage capability is also provided.
Subsequent expansion is planned for increases to critical load density and footprint enlargement.
CCG, as the prime consultant, provided the following services:
- Concept Design
- Architectural/Engineering Construction Documents
- Site Development Design
- Interior Design
- Structured Cable Plant Design/Installation Monitoring
- Construction Administration and Commissioning
- Total Phase 1 Building Area: 54,000 SF
- Cooling Plant: 1,140 tons
- Emergency Power: 6 MW
- UPS System Capacity: 3x900 kW static systems, iso-redundant configuration
- Notari Associates (Architecture)
- Rathgaber-Goss (Structural Engineering)
- Woolpert (Site/Civil Engineering)
- Holder Construction (General)
- Applied Mechanical (Mechanical)
- Dynalectric (Electrical)