VA3 Internet Service Exchange (DuPont Fabros VA3)
CCG designed the AboveNet Communications Virginia-3 Internet Service Exchange in Reston, Virginia to be its flagship east coast facility. It houses co-location operations supported by a highly fault-tolerant electrical and mechanical systems infrastructure. The main building block contains co-location equipment rooms, technical support operations, and facility infrastructure equipment, and is now operated by DuPont Fabros.
This facility is supported by a hybrid electrical plant utilizing multiple, battery-less rotary UPS systems and conventional engine generators, and breaks new ground in cost effective, reliable critical infrastructure design.
CCG designed a separate wing of the facility to house an Enterprise Operations Center and dedicated Marketing and Executive Briefing Center.
CCG, as the prime consultant, provided the following services:
- Concept Design
- Architectural/Engineering Construction Documents
- Site Development Design
- Interior Design
- Structured Cable Plant Design/Installation Monitoring
- Construction Administration and Commissioning
- Total Building Area: 295,000 SF
- Cooling Plant: 6,000 tons
- Electrical Service: 26 MVA
- Emergency Power: 36 MW
- UPS System Capacity: 16 MW
- N+2 redundancy of primary systems
- Notari Associates (Architecture)
- Rathgaber-Goss (Structural Engineering)
- Wiles Mensch (Site/Civil Engineering)
- Centex (General)
- Poole & Kent (Mechanical)
- Dynalectric (Electrical)